This resources page contains links to articles that will inspire you to write and show you what to improve.
Developing a Writing Habit
- How to Balance Reading and Writing Time
- How to Write While Working Full-time
- Read This Before You Quit Writing
- How to Avoid Perfectionism
- Who Should You Write For?
- How to Come Up With Ideas
- How to Record Your Ideas With a Messaging App
- How to Outline Your Story
- Finding the Moment of Intensity for Your Story
- Writing Your First Sentence
- Do You Need a Prologue?
- How to Write a Scene
- Introducing Your Characters
- Show, Don’t Tell: What to Do When Introducing Characters
- Understanding Your Characters’ Motivations
- Naming Your Characters
- Writing a Story with Multiple Characters
- How to Write a Tragic Character
- How to Describe a Setting
- Rules of World Building
- Writing Cliffhangers
- Writing Flashbacks
- Writing Foreshadows
- How to Write Clearly
- How to Write Better Sentences and Paragraphs
- After Your First Draft, Now What?
- What to Cut From Your Story
- How Many Drafts Do You Need
- Why Reading Out Loud Is the Best Method of Editing
- How to Edit Chapter One
- Don’t Worry About Word Count
- How to Write Confidently
- How to Use Adverbs Effectively
- 4 Free Spelling and Grammar Apps/Websites
- Moleskine vs Leuchtturm1917 Notebooks Comparison
- 10 Gifts for Writers
- Write About the Same Thing Everyday Challenge
- The Cup of Sonder Technique: Character-based Writing Prompts
- What is Catharsis?
- What is Pretentious Writing?
- What Does “That’s Deep” Mean?
- What is a Contrived Story?
- What Does “Trying Too Hard” Means?
- What is Crude Writing?
- What is a Didactic Story?
- What’s the Difference Between Cheesy and Corny?
- What is Pejorative Language?
For more writing and editing inspiration and stories, please consider signing up for my mailing list. You won’t receive emails from me often, but when you do, it’ll include only work that I’m most proud of.